- At Sea
- Contact Us
Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
ANCHORAGE, Alaska-Shortly after noon yesterday, the young, 14 year-old girl who overdosed on heroin last week, passed away. Police have identified the girl as Jena Dolstad. She never woke up from her first experience with the drug.
Jena has been unconscious since having the drug injected into her arm on Thursday night at the home of 26 year-old Sean Warner. She was brought there by Warner and two other adult males after they picked her up at her home according to reports.
Discussions are currently taking place between homicide detectives and State Prosecutors concerning an additional felony charge against Sean Warner.Charges of manslaughter are likely. This new charge will be added to four previous charges, tampering with evidence, delivering a controlled substance to a minor, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, already in place. Theft charges were previously added in an earlier, unrelated case.
According to police documents, the two men, still unidentified, told detectives that they drove with Warner to pick up the girl with the intention of sharing “China White” heroin with all of them. Also according to documents, one witness said he tried to warn Dolstad at one point, of the dangers of heroin addiction and told her she shouldn’t do it.
The witnesses also told police that Warner had tried to inject the girl in the bathroom but failed, at which time he took her to the bedroom, had her lay on the bed, and placed a tourniquet on her arm. Because her arm was so small, he initially failed even then. It was only after several attempts that he succeeded in forcing the syringe of heroin into her arm.
According to the witnesses, the girl was found face-down in her own vomit at 9:30 the next morning. A text message was sent to one of Dolstad’s friends requesting that he take her to the hospital, the friend declined saying he was at work and couldn’t leave. The friend advised him to call 911. Instead, Warner placed in a tablet of Suboxone under her tongue. Later, the young girl, still unconscious, went into convulsions. At 1:30 in the afternoon, Warner finally called the 911 emergency number.
The unconscious girl was rushed to the hospital, where it was found that she had marijuana, methamphetamine, heroin, and cocaine in her system. Because the overdose caused brain and heart damage, she was placed on a mechanical respirator.
Responding officers did not find any drug paraphernalia or drugs on the scene as they had been locked up in the bedroom which Warner told police he longed to a roommate. After officers left, the paraphernalia and drugs were taken from the residence and deposited behind the dumpster at a nearby restaurant. That is where police eventually retrieved that evidence from.
In the six days in the hospital, 13-year-old girl, never regained consciousness.
No related posts.