49-Year-Old Fairbanks Man Dead from Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A 49-year-old Fairbanks man is believed to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning early Tuesday morning , troopers reported on Wednesday.

The Fairbanks police were called at 2:32 am on Tuesday morning, reporting that 49-year-old Christopher Alexander was found by troopers at his residence on Thoreau Drive unresponsive and not breathing. 

Medics responded to the scene and attempted to revive Alexander without success. He was pronounced deceased at the scene.

While carbon monoxide was detected at the scene by investigators, no foul play was suspected in his death.

Alexander’s next of kin were notified of the incident, and Alexander’s remains were sent to the State Medical Examiner’s office in Anchorage for autopsy.