- At Sea
- Contact Us
Emmonak-based troopers were notified of a fire with an explosion with injuries at 9 am on Monday morning.
When troopers responded to the village and opened an investigation into the incident, they found that several juveniles had gone onto someone’s property and were huffing propane from a tank there when the tank caught on fire shooting flames from the outlet.
A 14-year-old girl was injured in the incident.
Troopers would find that earlier reports of an explosion accompanying the fire were unfounded.
The teen was flown to Bethel for treatment of injuries.
The trooper’s report was forwarded to the Bethel Department of Juvenile Justice for review.
Unlike many news organizations, the Alaska Native News does not utilize a paywall that bars readers from accessing our content. And, while many news portals have unlimited resources with which to publish content, our site is run on very limited funds, with our staff working on a volunteer basis. With ad revenues failing drastically, we find ourselves needing to reach out for help funding our portal in order to continue bringing news to our readers.