It’s that time of year again when the State of Alaska bestows its annual payment to Alaskans. This week many of you will see a boost in your bank accounts courtesy of the Permanent Fund Dividend.
Before you start spending or allocating this October treat, we have safety tips and reminders so you won’t get tricked.
- Fake charity donation solicitations; research first
- APD imposters scaring you to pay money or go to jail; we don’t call you for money
- Be cautious when dealing with sellers outside the United States
- If it seems too good to be true, it probably is
- Only use secure and reputable sites
- Review your privacy and security settings before making a purchase
- Credit card vs. debit card; use credit card
- Don’t leave anything in your vehicle of value; Lock-Remove-Conceal
- Don’t cash your check and carry the cash on you
- Don’t drink and drive
Reminder, if you see or hear anything suspicious, call 911 for emergencies and 311 for non-emergencies.
Happy PFD Day!