Before you start spending or allocating this October treat, we have safety tips and reminders so you won’t get tricked.
- Fake charity donation solicitations; research first
- APD imposters scaring you to pay money or go to jail; we don’t call you for money
- Be cautious when dealing with sellers outside the United States
- If it seems too good to be true, it probably is
- Only use secure and reputable sites
- Review your privacy and security settings before making a purchase
- Credit card vs. debit card; use credit card
- Don’t leave anything in your vehicle of value; Lock-Remove-Conceal
- Don’t cash your check and carry the cash on you
- Don’t drink and drive
Reminder, if you see or hear anything suspicious, call 911 for emergencies and 311 for non-emergencies.
Happy PFD Day!