TAKE ACTION – Choosing to get vaccinated is the single most important action you can take to protect yourself and your community and to reopen our economy. Learn more about the CDC’s recommendations for fully vaccinated people at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html.
46% of Alaskans 12 and older have been fully vaccinated. The higher the vaccination rate, the more protected community members are from COVID-19. See below for percentages of all fully vaccinated Alaskans age 12 and older by region:
- Juneau Region: 67%
- Other Southeast Region – Northern: 62%
- YK-Delta Region: 60%
- Southwest Region: 54%
- Other Southeast Region – Southern: 53%
- Northwest Region: 50%
- Anchorage Region: 49%
- Other Interior Region: 48%
- Kenai Peninsula Region: 40%
- Fairbanks North Star Borough: 40%
- Matanuska-Susitna Region: 31%
For more information about vaccines, visit covid19.alaska.gov.
CASES – DHSS today announced 46 new people identified with COVID-19 in Alaska. 44 were residents in: Anchorage (10), Juneau (7), Wasilla (7), Fairbanks (5), Prince of Wales-Hyder Census Area (3), Tok (2), and one each in Chugiak, Delta Junction, Eagle River, Ketchikan, Nikiski, North Pole, Palmer, Seward, Soldotna, and Wrangell.
Two new nonresident cases were identified:
- Anchorage: one with purpose under investigation
- Wasilla: one with purpose under investigation
Six resident cases and one nonresident case were added to the dashboard due to data verification procedures bringing the total number of Alaska resident cases to 67,591 and the total number of nonresident cases to 2,817.
HOSPITALIZATIONS & DEATHS – There have been a total of 1,572 resident hospitalizations and 362 resident deaths, with three new hospitalizations and no new resident deaths reported.
There are currently 19 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 who are hospitalized and one additional patient who is considered a person under investigation (PUI) for a total of 20 current COVID-related hospitalizations. Six of these patients are on ventilators. The percentage of patients currently hospitalized with COVID-19 is 2.1%.
TESTING – A total of 2,285,103 tests have been conducted, with 17,780 tests conducted in the previous seven days. The average percentage of daily positive tests for the previous seven days is 1.04 %.
ALERT LEVELS – The current statewide alert level, based on the average daily case rate over 14 days per 100,000, is intermediate at 5.06 cases per 100,000. Two regions of Alaska are in high alert status with widespread community transmission; three regions are at intermediate alert status with moderate transmission; and six regions are at low alert with minimal transmission.
High (>10 cases/100,000)
- Other Southeast Region – Southern: 28.90 cases per 100,000
- Other Interior Region: 16.60 cases per 100,000
Intermediate (>5-10 cases/100,000)
- Juneau City and Borough: 5.80 cases per 100,000
- YK-Delta Region: 5.50 cases per 100,000
- Matanuska-Susitna Region: 5.10 cases per 100,000
Low (0-5 cases/100,000)
- Fairbanks North Star Borough: 4.90 cases per 100,000
- Other Southeast Region – Northern: 4.60 cases per 100,000
- Northwest Region: 4.00 cases per 100,000
- Anchorage Municipality: 3.4 cases per 100,000
- Kenai Peninsula Borough: 3.50 cases per 100,000
- Southwest Region: 2.80 cases per 100,000