Troopers Cited over 1,000 Drivers Over multi-week Memorial Day Click It or Ticket Enforcement Effort
(Anchorage, AK) – Over the multi-week special enforcement period coinciding with the Memorial Day holiday weekend, the Alaska State Troopers and Wildlife Troopers issued 1079 citations and investigated 96 collisions across Alaska’s roadways.
The focused traffic enforcement patrols ran on May 17 through June 6, 2021.
Alaska State Trooper and Wildlife Trooper contacts during the enforcement period include the following:
- 21 misdemeanor DUI arrests, 3 felony DUI Arrests
- 33 drivers charged with driving with a suspended or revoked license.
- 43 REDDIs reported with 27 drivers contacted and ultimately determined not to be DUI
- 74 damage only crashes 19 injury crashes and 3 fatal collision were investigated by troopers
- Of the 1079 citations issued, 594 were issued for speeding and 118 issued for seatbelt or other occupant restraint violations.
Funding for this increased traffic enforcement effort came from a grant issued through the Alaska Highway Safety Office.